Has this blog be of help to you?

Saturday 16 March 2013

‘My prophet husband womanises, drinks, gambles’......Leave a comment


‘My prophet husband womanises, drinks, gambles’

A prophetess, Mrs. Titilayo Oluokun, 51, has pleaded with the Agege Customary Court to end her union with Prophet Adewale Oluokun.

Titilayo, who lives at 18, Aina-Aladi Street, Agbado, says she has been living with Oluokun for 22 years without a proper marriage ceremony and that she has two children for him.

She said, “He doesn’t care for me and my children, he womanises, he drinks, he gambles and he also beats me up.


“He marries wives everywhere and he has issues with all of them. He married four wives, I am the second. The first one has three children for him; the fourth one is now carrying his child.”

She said after they moved to another area, her husband impregnated another woman.

Out of frustration she took the matter to the Alakuko Customary Court, where they asked both of them to resolve the matter amicably because people of God should not be heard telling such stories.

She said being his usual habit, Adewale did impregnate yet another woman, and this time, she reported the matter to the elders in the church but instead, they told the couple that no church member must hear of such ‘mess.’

Prophet Oluokun was not present in court to defend himself.

Mr. Emmanuel Sokunle, the court president, said, “It is a two-way thing. You can blame your husband for everything. Do you perform your own duty as a wife and a responsible mother?”

She responded by saying, “I might have my own faults but I respect my husband the way a good woman should.”

When she was asked what she wanted the court to do for her she said, “I don’t want his money, God will take care of my children for me; all I want from him is to be responsible for the education and health fees. I want my children with me and not with him and I don’t want him anywhere close to me.”
The case was adjourned till April 3, 2013.
http://www.punchng.com/feature/court-vibes/my-prophet-husband-womanises-drinks-gambles/

No comments: