Has this blog be of help to you?

Wednesday 4 December 2013

From £58 a week to £26.5m jackpot!

Praying to God doesn't stop anyone from trying.There's a way God rewards individual when you move a step.I haven't seen when God prosper the lazy.I believe when you move a step, then God adds more blessings. This is a story from dailymail.co.uk on how
an unemployed woman who lived on £58 a week has scooped £26.5million in the EuroMillions lottery.

Margaret Loughrey, from Strabane, County Tyrone, Northern Ireland, won the massive jackpot in last Tuesday night’s draw.

The 48-year-old told her local newspaper, the Strabane Chronicle, that despite winning the big win, she doesn’t intend to move away from her hometown.

She said: ‘Definitely not. It won’t change who I am. Strabane will always be home for me.’

Ms Loughrey told how she bought the Lucky Dip on Tuesday after applying for another role at her local job centre.

‘I left the house on Tuesday because I heard there was a job advertised and I wanted to apply for it. So I went to the Jobcentre and printed out the job application before going to the Supervalu shop.

‘I can’t always afford to do the EuroMillions, but I had a couple of extra pound in my purse and just on the spur of the moment, I did a Lucky Dip.’

Miss Loughrey recalled the moment on Wednesday morning when she found out she had won the money.

‘I must have checked 10 times. I took a walk out to the back garden and sat out there for a while before coming back in and checking again.

‘I must have walked around the house for five hours before ringing my brother and asking him to call up.

‘I never panicked. I’m level-headed and I know I’ll think it all through and do the right thing, see to the right people.’

She insisted the money would not change her life but said her family will benefit from the windfall including her four brothers, sister and 75-year-old mother, Elizabeth, extended family and a few close friends.

Last night, her brother Paul told the Irish Daily Mail his sister was ‘beside herself’ with the win.

Shop assistant, Nadine O'Kane, handed her the slip with the numbers 19, 23, 27, 42 and 44 with Lucky Stars 3 and 5.

Miss O'Kane told the Irish Daily Mail: ‘Its nice to see it happen to her. I didn’t know her. I only found out on Sunday after I was told to come into work to get my picture taken.’

Local SuperValu store manager Colm Gallagher said: ‘I don’t know what Margaret’s going to do with the money but I wish her all the best with it.'
Source:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2517427/EuroMillions-26-5m-jackpot-winner-unemployed-woman-Strabane.html

No comments: