Has this blog be of help to you?

Wednesday 4 December 2013

A man 66 whose father is a bishop is sceptical believing God

It sounds like OMG! and of course,rediculous to me, dear readers,but I don't know how you would feel about.Aged 66, still sceptical believing God as daily mail reported

As the son of a bishop, you might think he would have made his mind up on religion long ago.

But at the age of 66, it seems Jon Snow still prefers to hedge his bets when it comes to believing in God.

The veteran newsreader – whose father was the Bishop of Whitby - has revealed he enjoys all the trappings of faith, but is still unsure whether he is religious.

Despite claiming to go to a small Saxon church in Berkshire – where he spends his weekends – once or twice a month, he told the Radio Times [must credit]: ‘I like the contemplation, the hour of peace, the hymns and the community. Dunno if that makes me religious. I believe in the collective power of the human spirit. Is that who God is? I don’t think my father would say so.’

As a boy, Mr Snow spent five years as a chorister in Winchester Cathedral and attended the staunchly Anglican Ardingly College, where his father George D’Oyly Snow was headmaster.

The Channel 4 anchor – who has two children with his former partner Madeleine Colvin – married for the first time aged 62.

He and Zimbabwean academic Precious Lunga – who is 27 years his junior – tied the knot on a Caribbean beach instead of walking down a church aisle.

Known for his brightly coloured ties while presenting the news, Mr Snow insisted he is a rebel at heart.

He said: ‘If you asked people around here, they’d say I was one of the most conservative forces in the newsroom – that’s small ‘C’ – but there is a rebel in me.

‘I’m wearing a bright tie largely because they told me colours on television didn’t work. In old-fashioned colour TV they would blow out a bit. I wore them deliberately.’

And the newsreader – who claimed he is a ‘poor presenter’ – admitted he secretly loves the attention that comes with his high TV profile.

He said: ‘Either the camera loves you or it doesn’t, and if it doesn’t there’s nothing you can do about it. If it does, you’re very lucky. And if it loves you, you’ll love it. I love cameras and people coming up and doing selfies.’

In February, Mr Snow revealed he was abducted and abused by a member of staff at Ardingly College in 1953.

He said: ‘I was six years old when a member of the domestic staff at the school, where my father taught, abducted me.

‘He took me to his room and undressed me, and then himself. Thank heavens someone saw the abduction and eventually a member of staff intervened and rescued me.

‘I remember to this day fretting over not being able to do my braces up. And I admit that I have found Savile regurgitating the guilt and confusion that I felt.’

In the past, Mr Snow has been reticent about his own religious beliefs but has frequently criticised the teachings of church leaders.

He angered some Catholics in 2009 by saying the Pope was ‘condemning many millions of people to death’ by opposing condom use in areas afflicted by the Aids pandemic in Africa.

He has also criticised the Church of England for refusing to allow women bishops, and in one blog post criticised religious believers of all faiths for resorting to ‘violent verbal dispute’ rather than arguing peacefully.
Source:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2518512/Im-sure-I-believe-God-says-Jon-Snow-Newsreader-says-mind-despite-regularly-going-church-enjoying-trappings-faith.html

No comments: