Has this blog be of help to you?

Monday 10 February 2014

Shocking photo shows battered pensioner after........................................

This shocking photograph shows the bloodied state of a 76-year-old former teacher after she was beaten by a thug in her home.

Jean Taylor answered the door to a man who spoke to her for several minutes before forcing his way in.

He then beat the pensioner  about the head with a doorstop, leaving her with cuts, bruises and covered in blood before making off with £100.

Miss Taylor, who needs a walking stick to get around, has been left traumatised and is still having treatment for her injuries.

Police released the image of her in a bid to catch the man responsible for the attack in the Totterdown area of Bristol at around 2pm on Tuesday, January 28.
He was white, in his late thirties or early forties and of medium build. He was possibly wearing a green or grey hooded top, a  baseball cap, faded blue jeans and dark shoes.

Miss Taylor, a retired English teacher, described him as ‘pure evil’. She thought he was going to break her skull when he repeatedly smashed her over the head, then threw rubbish at her.

He ransacked her house before making off with the cash, leaving her bleeding and in agony on the floor.

Recalling the horrific attack,  Miss Taylor said: ‘It was mid- afternoon when he rang the bell.

He looked quite pleasant and he was to begin with.

‘He was just making conversation about general things and talking about people moving in and out  of the street.

‘He said something about a cat. I said ‘‘my cat’s upstairs in bed’’ and when I turned away he pushed me on the floor. I thought I was going to die, I really did.

‘I think he hit me with my doorstop – a pottery cat – because it was something very hard and it’s not in the house any more.

He just kept hitting me and I thought he was going to break  my skull. I just didn’t know why  he did it – it was awful. If you  had seen his face it was pure evil. Then he started making a mess, throwing rubbish at me. It was like a disaster area.

‘He opened up my handbag and took the wallet out, which had my cards in it. I’d got money out earlier that day too – there was over £100 in there. It all went quiet and I thought he must have gone upstairs, but then I realised he had left the house.’

Miss Taylor needed stitches in her head wounds, the worst of which are above her right eye and behind her right ear.

The grammar school teacher of 40 years, who lives alone, also suffered bruised ribs and a bruised hand. She still has head pain and memory loss a fortnight after the attack. She said she didn’t recognise the suspect and was amazed at how quickly his mood changed.

Police investigator Paul Hopes said: ‘This was a vicious and prolonged assault on an elderly lady in her own home.

‘The incident has left her traumatised and she is undergoing  treatment for the injuries to her head. I would appeal to people to look at the description we have issued and think about whether they saw or heard anything suspicious in the area around the time  of the incident.

‘If you think you know who  may be responsible, please do the right thing and call us as soon  as possible.’


No comments: