Has this blog be of help to you?

Friday 27 September 2013

Apple's latest operating system, iOS 7, is making people sick - literally

 
 Apple’s latest and greatest operating system is making people sick – literally.

The animations and transitions added to iOS 7 have unexpectedly been making people nauseous and giving them motion sickness.

The issue is so prevalent, in fact, that it has an entire message thread filled with complaints on Apple’s forums, first spotted by The Verge, and complaints have been building on Twitter as well.

The zoom animations everywhere on the new iOS 7 are literally making me nauseous and giving me a headache,’ wrote forum user Ensorceled. ‘It's exactly how I used to get car sick if I tried to read in the car.’
Actress Eliza Dushku took to Twitter to voice her discontent.
‘Ok now the new #iOS7 is making me motion-sick,’ Ms Dushku tweeted.
The main source of the problem appears to be the zooming animation added in the recent upgrade.
‘Yes, APPLE! Please allow disabling of all this ZOOMING!’ User gillywonk posted to the forum.

Some users have even complained they wanted to downgrade back to iOS 6, despite the large list of new features added in iOS 7.

‘I have the same problem. It hurts my eyes and makes me dizzy,’ Ldejeant posted to the forum. ‘So annoying that we can't downgrade!!!! Really unhappy with Apple on this one :-(‘

Apple released an update to iOS 7 Friday, but that addressed a separate issue where users could get past the phone’s lock screen without entering a password or other security information.

‘Add me to the nauseous and headache list,’ KelDC wrote in the forum. ‘Apple please give users the option to not have to look at it!’



No comments: